Pages marked with a (G) in the navigation are only available in german. We will translate everything as soon as possible.
Tell us your opinion! What needs improvement?
Ambicom Compact Flash GPS receiver
In the box: GPS card.
You need GPS-software to use this card with your Zaurus. Links to appropriate software is listed in the "Informations" box.
If you have installed the card and some software on your Zaurus and are wondering (like we did) why there's no position or satellites displayed, you should go out in the open. Concrete is a fine shield and you'll have not much luck with testing inside a building.
During our tests the Billionton GPS card was pretty precise and fast in position updates. The power consumption is acceptable and the ease-of-use for this card is perfect. We were also very satisfied with the external antenna and the long cable that is already bundled in the box.
We would like to thank our customer Mr. Augspurger who found out the NMEA codes:
Our location for self-pickup:
///TRIsoft is located:
09° 43' 34,91821" eastern langitude and
52° 19' 35,00977" northern latitude.
• Voltage:3,3 Volts
• Power consumption: 160 mA
• Average consumption: 38 mA
• Stand-By: less than 20 mA
• Reaction: less 1 second
• Warmstart: less than 36 seconds
• Coldstart: less than 45 seconds using active antenna
• Interface: Compact Flash type I
• Protocol: Auto select
• Baud rate: 4800 bps
• Dimensions: 87.87 x 42.8 x 10.4 mm
• Frequency: L1, 1575.42MHz
• C/A: 1.023MHz data rate
• Channels: 12 channels all-in-view tracking
• Antenna: integrated, optional: bundled active antenne with magnetic mount
• Protocols: NMEA & SiRF
• Precision: 25 meters CEP
• Date: WGS-84
• Height: 18000m max.
• Velocity: 700 knots max.
• Acceleration: 4g max.
just 98,-- EUR
If the Zaurus doesn't find the GPS card, please check in the program settings that the serial port is set to "TTYS3".